httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Roberts, Eric" <Eric.Robe...@one.at>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] webserver confusion...
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:30:44 GMT
Hi,

This can be done.

If you ran two Tomcats behind one Apache, the mod_jk connector will ensure sticky sessions
- i.e. once a session is established it will always be routed to the same Tomcat instance.

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathrin Holweger [mailto:hok@ivu.de]
Sent: Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2003 15:37
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: AW: [users@httpd] webserver confusion...

Hi there,

I have a question about this round robin stuff. I host one website with two
webservers (or I would like to). I tried round robin, but I have a problem
with that. For my website it is nessecary that after round robin chooses one
host the user has to stay on that host for the complete session, because
important data is temporarily stored during a session. With conventional
round robin the user switches between the two hosts with every click he makes
which results in fatal errors.
So my question is, is there any way for a load balancing where the user is
sent to one of the two hosts(randomly or depending on the traffic) and then
stays there?

Thanks,
Holli