httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_gzip _ help needed (o;
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:19:09 GMT
At 06:48 AM 2/23/2003, Jan Vogt wrote:

>Furthermore I read an interesting article about compression in combination with Apache
saying that gzip is able to compress even dynamic content like php, cgi and so forth but is
it also possible to compress JSP's and Servlet's output that is generated on Tomcat or any
other Application Server only by using gzip and not modyfing the Servlets ???

>Does anyone know if gzip will be available soon for Apache 2 ?

I understand mod_gzip exists for Apache 2.0, while you might also want to look
at mod_deflate (http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_deflate.html) for a
somewhat less sophisticated/complex but effective solution.

Bill