httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] FTP Access
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 01:28:59 GMT

>Anaru Hartley said:
>> IIS Sucks. Period. Linux/Unix Sucks too...
>> I'm running Apache purely on DOS, and its fine - most stable thing on
>> earth, its just annoying that Apache does not come with some kind of a
>> FTP Client. Cheers.

It does.  mod_proxy_ftp.

:-)

You did say "FTP Client".  mod_proxy_ftp is an ftp client to service ftp
requests through http proxy.

But I suppose you meant FTP server, and as we all like bashing MS...
they try to roll so many features into a single 'product' that nobody
understands all of the pieces running under the hood (not the developers
themselves, and certainly not your average programmer/consumer.)

That's actually one of Apache's best points, and makes a great motto...
'It's just the web server, stupid.'  (Not insulting you --- that's as in the
quote "It's the economy, stupid.")

Bill