httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike <mike.li...@levrah.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to CHROOT home dirs (WAS: ftp)
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 02:12:23 GMT
Lordy me.

haha

It sounds like someone, somewhere, some-kinda-way needs to put together a
database of "keywords" that are associated with a "grouping of areas" that
are associated with all the different programs, daemons and other process
involved in web server administration - all of which then also have
associated names/URLs of help and/or discussion groups so people know what
piece of a problem needs to be directed where.

Mike. I'll try to help; although I am admitted not as knowledgeable as I
believe I need to be to confidently help you in a complete and full way.
However, a search of google for ("chroot home directory" +ftp) returned two
results. One was unhelpful. The other is this link:

http://www.landfield.com/wu-ftpd/guest-howto.html

On the other note: Does anyone know of a "general web server help group"
that some of us can join which is not specifically and directly apache
related nor is specifically and directly related to freeBSD, Linux or any
other particular operating system and which allows people to ask
generalized questions related to "web server administration"? If so, I know
I would be interested in learning where to find that group. Others would
probably be interested as well. We'll ask our "apache specific" questions
here - if we can determine it is "specifically apache related" - while
directing other questions - which we can determine are absolutely unrelated
to apache - to the other group(s).

-mike (the other one)