httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike <mike.li...@levrah.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ftp
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 00:03:29 GMT
Michael.

Just to confirm things abit.

Are you needing actual FTP help?

Or do you (and/or your clients) know how to FTP, but what you need help
with is making sure when the client logs into the box, that they are "put
into" their home directory - so that whatever they FTP is put into the home
directory?

If the former, it would necessitate an FTP related discussion group /
mailing list.

If the latter, it would belong here. And, if it is the latter, please send
a reply on-list to confirm this.

Also, if it is the latter, I am unfortunately not confident enough to say,
but I believe it would be necessary to "chroot" the usernames of your
client's login IDs. I believe this involves updating your /etc/passwd file,
but someone else here who is much more knowledgeable about it than I am
right now could either confirm that or offer additional information.

-mike (a different one) :)

At 06:08 PM 2/4/2003, you wrote:
>Please don't take offence, but Brian is right. This is an
>Apache-mailinglist. Following your logic, users could also post a
>Linux/Windows/FreeBSD question here, since Apache runs on those platforms.
>
>But again, don't take it so hard, we are all nice people here!
>
>Kind Regards,
>Sander Holthaus

<footers snipped>