httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Valpak <gval...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] please help me kill apache..
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:35:16 GMT
At 07:50 AM 2/13/2003 -0600, George Hademenos wrote:
>i am going to repeat this one last time....software engineers or not....a
>make file is basically a batched instruction set to the compiler...it is not
>necessary.

Of course it is not strictly necessary. Everyone can compile and link 28 MB of source code
by hand every time if they want to.

I don't think you are in a position to be lecturing anybody on this list about anything :)

>ms code is in fact derived from berkeley...you are right on that
>account..you can find your answers there as well.

I am not interested in the publicly available resolver code. I am interested in the microsoft
fork you claim to have, since you say that is what was causing your problems.

Come to think of it, I am not interested. If you had it, we wouldn't have gone back and forth
4 times or so about this.

And since you want us to know you are a Dr., can you enlighten us as to what area your degree
is in, and what institution issued it?

GV