httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Valpak <gval...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] please help me kill apache..
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 06:34:09 GMT
At 12:08 AM 2/13/2003 -0600, George Hademenos wrote:
>yes, i have examined the resolver code and it is querying sbcglobals dns
>server so that is where the problem lies.

This whole thread reads like "whos on first?" At the risk of confusing things by having another
George in the loop :)

I will ask the original poster just what exact "resolver code" he has read if he is running
NT4.0. It is my understanding that Microsoft does not generally release any of their source
code.

Can the original poster please summarize his network training/level of understanding because
he has asked such a long string of nonsensical questions, he has frustrated the list who has
been patient in trying to assist.

Also, if the original poster would summarize what his understanding is of the entre thread
and what he has gleaned from the discussion about his own machine and issues, it might help
him clarify in his own mind what his remaining issues are (which I along with many others
agree have nothing to do with apache).

Finally, if the original poster will provide us with the IP address of his dns servers, someone
here will probably test the resolution of the url in question directly with that DNS server
and tell you that the problem does not lie with the DNS server either (my prediction).

GV