httpd-users mailing list archives

From George Valpak <gval...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Ben
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 00:44:15 GMT
Ben,

To find the internal IP address, if the below suggestion doesn't make sense to you, you should
in the first place. You presumably had to assign a 192.168.1.x address to each of the PCs
on the inside network (even if there is only one).

Do you remember setting anything in the PC's network control panel, bcause that is where you
assign an IP address. See if you can find those instructions and go through them again step
by step. They are very important to internalize if you are going to start doing network related
stuff like Apache.

I promise you it won't be long before you have to make very similar router adjustments for
ftp, telnet, ssh, or any number of other protocols. You also need to understand this stuff
intrinsically if you want any firewall protection at all.

GV