httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stone, Timothy" <tst...@cityofhbg.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache as Forwarding Proxy...still need help...
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:12:22 GMT
List,

I just completed a search on MARC regarding mod_proxy and using Apache as a forward proxy.
Nothing seems to directly address the business rule I'm facing.

So as a forwarding proxy I first lock down the configuration:

<Proxy *>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Deny from all
  Allow from mynetwork.ip.addresses
</Proxy>

Now the business rule is...lock down all "web surfing" except a few remote sites. So on the
surface it seems that I want to state:

ProxyBlock *

Opps... that's going to block everything. Now, how do I loosen that up? It seem very impractical
to list all possible domains (as I saw in one configuration on MARC).

Thanks in advance.

Warmest Regards,
Tim

--
/**
 * Timothy Stone      . Sun Certified Java Programmer