httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Turner <kk...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] please help me kill apache..
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:43:45 GMT
George Hademenos wrote:

>clearing the browser doesn't work...whatever has been put on my computer
>seems irremovable.

OK, you write but you don't read.  When you enter an external address in
your browser, it takes you to someone's web site.  Are we OK so far?

If that person has not yet created his site, the Apache web server (on
*HIS* machine) provides a default web page.  Got it?

It is *NOT* being hosted on your machine.  It is on his machine.  It is
nothing more than a *Web Page* just like any other you go to.

Have you found a modicum of clue?
--
gt       kk5st@sbcglobal.net
It ain't so much what you don't know that gets you in trouble---