httpd-users mailing list archives

From "B. Covey" <bco...@wi.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Installing on Linux
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 03:33:11 GMT
Jeremy Whitlock wrote:

> Apache List,
>
> I’m trying to follow the directions to install Apache on line and I
> need some help. I have unzipped and untarred the installation file.
> That’s where I am. Can someone help? I know that this is vague but
> someone out there has to have done this a few times. I’m installing on
> Red Hat 8.0. Thanks,
>
> Jeremy Whitlock --- MCP/MCSA
>
> IT Manager for Star Precision, Inc.
>
> Phone: (970) 535-4795
>
> Metro: (303) 926-0559
>
> Fax: (970) 535-0780
>
> Metro Fax: (303) 926-0559
>
> http://www.starprecision.com

i also use red hat 8.0 and i opted to install apache myself. i installed
apache with php support. here is how i installed it

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=all or
/usr/local/apache2 for apache 2.0.xx

this configures apache with all Loadable modules you can also use
--enable-module=most. this also sets the install path to /usr/local/apache.

afte that all you do is type

#make
#make install

all commands must be run from the directory in which you extracted the
apachex.x.xx.tar.gz archive. if you would like to compile apache apache
with php and mysql support check this article out. its really easy to
follow step by step instructions.

http://www.sysbotz.com/articles/amp.htm

hope this helps