httpd-users mailing list archives

From "B. Covey" <bco...@wi.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ASP and Apache
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 13:33:57 GMT
Koen Vingerhoets wrote:

>Hi,
>
>a friend of mine has problems with mail, so I ask the questions on his
>behalf.
>
>He tries to run ASP on Apache, and this is what he told me:
>**********************
>I have installed OpenSa 1.0.5, done a complete install (also re installed
>and selected custom and manually added them). Once installed i have checked
>the config and enabled ASP (load and add modules) also gone to mimes and
>added the asp string. When asp modules are enabled etc., I just start server
>and get an error missing asp_mod.cpp (as tho the asp module isnt installed).
>If i disable asp and load it up server etc everything goes fine, i go to my
>i.p and the page does work with HTML etc but as soon as i try ASP it wont
>load up. All i see is code.  Also i have tried OpenSA v2 and APache 2 and
>still no luck.
>**********************
>
>Is anyone able to shed some light on this??? He does NOT want to use IIS,
>that's out of the question (I tried to convince him already lol)
>
>Thanks in advance!!
>
>Koen

a friend of mine has the same problem. as i told him, ASP does not work
well with apache @ all. OpenSA claims to support but i havent seen it
running on OpenSA successfully. If i were your friend i would use PHP
instead of ASP if IIS is out of the question. You could try converting
the ASP to PHP using the converter found here http://asp2php.naken.cc/

The problem is the converter wont be able to convert all of the ASP code
so some recoding will have to be done by hand.