httpd-users mailing list archives

From pete rippe <cancerousp...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.0.44/prefork Invalid argument: connect to listener, then crash
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 21:46:28 GMT
It was just apache, the system runs perfectly otherwise, and nothing has changed, i left it
running for about a month or so, no changes what so ever, just the daily work on my webpage,
but when the thing died, and died again, i had'nt touched my site or any of the scripts i
run on it in a few days

--Pete

Was it just apache which was suffering? How about crond, sendmail,
syslogd etc.? Could be that your whole system got screwed up due to a
problem elsewhere. Things to check:

- disk usage (df -ka) (logfiles can sometimes run away with all the
space)
- is the machine on NFS? (automountd running?)
- any kernel mods? (insmod, upgrades?)
- new hardware installed?
- anything else changed?

Rgds,