httpd-users mailing list archives

From pete rippe <cancerousp...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] image download...
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:55:02 GMT
Is it just you who have experienced that problem, or other people
complained as well? If its just you, i'd probably check what browser you
are using, or something mainly on the client side. If multiple people
have complained, do a 'tail -f access_log' which will open the last
lines of the log, and as requests come in, you will see them updated as
it goes. Now just load one of the sites that has problems, and see all
the requests that come in, and check that each image request that should
be in the page actually are even being noticed. Do the images that don't
get downloaded display as like 'X'd boxes (like, the image doesnt
exist), or are they just shown as place markers and your browser is
still trying to load them? A bit more info on your apache config would
be nice, but its possible that its set up to not handle as many requests
per thread or process (again, depending how you have it setup) so
something is just getting dropped as apache doesnt want to handle that
many requests. I'm not sure how much that helped, but thats just my input.

--Pete