httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Ice <c...@trub.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite and caching?
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:55:16 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> Hmmm... You are asking a browser to recursively include the same document
> inside itself.  I think I would barf at that too.

Understandable...but it does work...however, hard to say whether IE's
"correctness" is to blame, or Netscape's "laxness".  :p

My bad for not mentioning version...

Server version: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux)
Server built:   Oct 23 2002 14:52:50

I assume this also tells the version of mod_rewrite(?).

>>I considered using a hard redirect, but that drops the URI arg to the
>>cgi (I think) so the frameset cgi won't get what/where/how to set the
>>body frame.
>

> I think this is the way to go.  All you need to do is pass the original
> URI in the query string and have your CGI pick it off there.

I will check it out.  I've had trouble (not with mod_rewrite) of
hard-redirects not including the query string.  But will experiment a bit.

Chris
--
Chris Ice            "Gentlemen!  There is no fighting in here..."
http://www.trub.com/ "...this is the war room!" - Pres. Merkin Muffley