httpd-users mailing list archives

From Amol Jakatdar <ajaka...@odu.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] upgrading from 2.0.39 to 2.0.44?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:34:45 GMT
Ryan,

Uninstall will not delete your httpd.conf or any file modified after the
installation. At least it did that for me. So if you install the new
version at the same location, it will have your old settings. It will
also not delete any modules that you may have added.

I would also make a copy of my conf directory and store it at some safe
place before uninstalling... same for any other apache related files
like extra modules, SSL certs, etc. just in case...

Beware: Piped logs are broken in 2.0.44 so if you are using that
feature, you may want to wait till 2.0.45 is released.

Amol