httpd-users mailing list archives

From David Tunkrans <david.tunkr...@netinsight.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Embedded Apache
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:56:54 GMT

Hi,

I'm looking for a web server to run in an embedded environment and
currently I am evaluating the possibility of running Apache 2 with a
scripting languange (PHP, Perl). Im aware of that this approach is
rather unconventional, but nonetheless I want to give it a try. (If this
does not work there are of course other web servers such as BOA or Tiny
HTTPD)

What I would like to do is the following:

* Configure Apache with a scripting language (PHP, Perl etc.)
* Minimize disk usage: 5-6Mb.
* Minimize memory usage: <5Mb (2 concurrent users)

I would appreciate an opinion on this approach. Any suggestions on how
to proceed are welcomed.

Regards,

David

--
David Tunkrans                   Net Insight AB
                                 Box 42093, SE-126 14 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN