httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jan Mason <jan.ma...@xmtc.net>
Subject [users@httpd] htaccess questions
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:05:36 GMT
I have a web site that is under development that is password controlled
using the following .htaccess file.  Works as expected.

/home/foobar/www/.htaccess
     AuthUserFile /home/foobar/.htpasswd
     AuthGroupFile /dev/null
     AuthName "Foobar"
     AuthType Basic
     require valid-user
     Options -Indexes
     IndexIgnore *
     <Files .htaccess>
         order allow,deny
         deny from all
     </Files>
     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3 .phtml .php .php4 .html .htm

I have a bulletin board which is located in ~/www/bbs/ which I want to
remove the password protection from while keeping the password
protection working on the rest of the site.  This is not working right
now.  I have been using the .htaccess documentation on the apache web
site with pretty good luck so far but I am have problems getting this to
work.  How do I override/remove the password protection for just this
one directory?

--
Jan Mason
jan.mason@xmtc.net