httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Johnson <michael.john...@hq.secretagents.us>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] NT login user variables/Apache LDAP auth
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:32:31 GMT
Coldfusion has functionality to intergrate with ldap. Its very simple actually. I run it on
both apache/solaris and iis/windows

"Marriner, Bruce W." wrote:

>         Nope.  I have not installed mod_ldap, but I have it.  I have both command line
and php functions that can access the A.D via ldap.  What I want is something that will prase
the NTLM information from the browser.  There is a module called mod_ntlm that exists but
will not compile on my system (rh8 w/ apache 2.0.44).  There is something of a handshake that
takes place with the browser and the server.  And the browser will transmit in base64 encoded
the users login name, password, domain, and a few other things.  What I really want is for
apache to handle that and place the answers in a enviroment variable that can then be seen
by any server side scripts.  I think with enough work I can write a function in PHP that will
perform the task.  But the company I work for uses cold fusion, and I know nothing about it.
(mostly due to a lack of desire to learn it)  This is actually a really big thing for me,
and I hope I can figure it out.  I am going to examine the code for mod_ldap best I can, maybe
I can figure out why it doesn't compile.  It was wrote for apache 1.3 versions.  I've never
done any apache module coding so I am not sure how lucky I'll get.  Anyone here good and converting
1.3 mods to 2.0 mods?