httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Bolioli <i...@terranovum.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] authentication repeat at each POST?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 13:21:54 GMT
More specifically http is stateless and requires all info (http, auth,
cookies, etc) to be resent on every request. As the last person implied,
this is likely normal and expected behavior.
Tom

Boyle Owen wrote:

>Plain text, please...
>
>It is up to the client to supply the username:password pair with every
>request to a protected resource. What is making the POST request? Is it
>a browser or a client-sided script?
>
>Rgds,
>
>Owen Boyle

Terra Novum Research
info@terranovum.com
www.terranovum.com
(617) 923-4132

PO Box 362
Watertown, MA 02471-0362

It has become appallingly clear
that our technology has surpassed our humanity.
    -Albert Einstein