httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] McAfee VS Pro and apache 2.x
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 06:34:11 GMT

interspersed comments on points.
~snip~

very important point, as html formatted email locks some systems ( like
mine ) up completely.
besides the fact that this list is clearly stated when subscribing that
it is a TEXT ONLY list.

>>2. DO NOT TRY RUNNING APACHE WHILE YOU HAVE YOUR FIREWALL SOFTWARE ACTIVE,

~snip~
um, Jeff, in subject Mcaffee VS says to me virus scan not firewall. ;)

Benjamin,
it is always a good idea to either disable firewall or antivirus
software until you have made sure that a server app is functioning.
then if it stops you know where the problem is. ;)
the auto protect constant scan will actually interfere with the proper
functioning of any server. you should turn off the automatic protection
and only scan email ( specially if you use outbreak express ) and any
new downloaded files. this will speed the whole computer up, and the
anti virus ware won't interfere with apache.