httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Individual . ." <individ...@mi.cl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [newbie] Question about 406, content negotiation and "no language"
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:23:41 GMT

On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 03:22 PM, Joshua Slive wrote:
> You can use symlinks or other tricks to prevent having to duplicate the
> files.  But the real cure is to upgrade to Apache 2.0, which
> has the ForceLanguagePriority directive to address just this problem:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/content-negotiation.html#better

Thanks Joshua!

So basically this is what it comes down to, right?

a) Copy all html.en files to html.html so that users never get a 406

b) symlink all html.en to html.html and turn on FollowSymlinks on EVERY
bloody directory of my webserver (yes, I know about .htaccess files,
but then I'd have to stick one of those in all directories... or
specify each directory in httpd.conf or... <puke> )

c) Upgrade to Apache 2 and hope that the next system upgrade (I'm on
Mac OS X) doesn't clobber my installation.

Any comments, anyone?

Paul