httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] domain on ip
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 00:54:30 GMT
Hi Payal,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 10:51:51PM +0530, Payal Rathod wrote:
> But now I want to access the same website with,
>
> http://1.2.3.4/example OR
> http://1.2.3.4/~example OR
> http://1.2.3.4/example.net
<--snip-->
> where 1.2.3.4 is the ip where the domain is hosted. There are many more
> domains hosted, but I want to allow this facility to this domain only.

If you only want it for one vhost, you could just make sure its
configuration appears first in httpd.conf - this will make it the default
virtualhost, and any unmatched requests will go to it.

What you've asked for is also quite simple - you need to use the ServerPath
directive.  Take a look at the documentation here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html#compat

Cheers,

Zac