httpd-users mailing list archives

From Benjamin Krueger <benja...@seattlefenix.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_speling isn't working
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 03:36:27 GMT
* Joseph Turley (syprinth@yahoo.com) [030227 16:57]:
> What information is there to give?  I explained that
> it IS compiled in and showing up when I type apachectl
> -l.  There is NO helpful information in the logs.
> Compile stuff doesn't help much, but if you insist,
> then I used --enable-all and enable-so I think.
> Examples?  Should be pretty obvious shouldn't it?   I
> type in something that is only a capital difference
> from the real thing, and shocker!  It doesn't work!
> Just like I said.  No need to tell me I'm useless when
> there isn't any useful information to give.
>
> --Joe

Please follow standard internet ettiquete and reply
below the quote, not above.

The logs will show the results of a user's request, be
it 404, 500, or other. Please look again. They may not
seem helpful to you, but they are an important part of
the troubleshooting process.

Apache and mod_speling, like most software, is not magical.
It cannot read your mind. It requires that you tell it
how to behave in the configuration file. mod_speling is
no exception to this rule. Please look in your configuration
file and tell us what mod_speling directives you have
enabled, their configuration context, and the what they're
set to. If you do not have any mod_speling directives in
your configuration file, please read:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_speling.html

Nobody has called you useless. Coming here with a problem
but not presenting any useful information and then getting in
a huff about it is something else entirely.

--
Benjamin Krueger