httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mete Kural <meteku...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache CLOSE_WAIT Problem
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:02:56 GMT
Hello folks,

I compiled and installed the new Apache 2.0.44 on Red
Hat Linux 8.0. The configuration file is pretty much
the same as it came. We're having this interesting
problem. Approximately 20-30 hours after restarting
the Apache server, it stops serving requests. When we
do netstat we find out that there are 15-20 TCP
connections that are stuck in the "CLOSE_WAIT" state,
most of them from the same client. The connections get
stuck in "CLOSE_WAIT" for hours without ever releasing
until we restart the server. Also one common thing
about all these connections is that they all happen to
have a positive RECV_Q, meaning there are still many
packets that aren't copied by the user process that is
connected to that socket. Do you have any idea what
could possibly be causing this problem? We've been
having to restart the server once every day for the
last few days.

Thanks,
Mete Kural