httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Chapman <scott_l...@mischko.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Authentication config problem with DBI::Auth. Urgent help needed.
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:14:37 GMT
Hello,
I've posted this question to mod_perl's mailing list a couple times and
received no answer.  Is there anyone here who can help me with this? This is
the last piece in my implementation.  If anyone can help with how to debug
this or what is wrong with my configuration, I'd really appreciate it!

I'm trying DBI::Auth against a Postgresql database for authentication.  It's
not working.  My postgres debug log shows no activity.  I don't know how to
debug this or what's wrong with it.

Error Log from Apache shows:
[Tue Feb 18 16:13:53 2003] [notice] Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) Embperl/2.0b8
mod_perl/1.27 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Feb 18 16:13:53 2003] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
[Tue Feb 18 16:14:03 2003] [error] [client 192.168.0.121] client denied by
server configuration: /www/htdocs/tester/index.html

Steps I went through to install the web server (RedHat 7.3):

installed Apache::AuthDBI from CPAN.
Recompiled mod_perl and apache:
perl Makefile.PL DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 APACHE_PREFIX=/www PERL_AUTHEN=1
PERL_AUTHZ=1 PERL_CLEANUP=1 PERL_STACKED_HANDLERS=1
make/make install worked great.  Web server works. I can access Posgresql just
fine using Perl DBI.

The .htaccess file in /www/htdocs/tester:
AuthType Basic
AuthName DBI
require user scott

Here's the relevant entries in my httpd.conf file:
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory "/www/htdocs">
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Deny from all
</Directory>
PerlModule Embperl
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_SESSION_HANDLER_CLASS no
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 10477
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_DEBUG 0x7fffffff
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_VIRTLOG /embperl/log
PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OPTIONS 8208
PerlModule Embperl::Object
PerlModule Apache::DBI

<Location /embperl/log>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
  Options ExecCGI
</Location>

<Files *.epl>
        PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_APPNAME my_embperl_app
        PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_OBJECT_BASE base.epl
        PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_ESCMODE 0
        PerlSetEnv EMBPERL_FILESMATCH "\.epl$"
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler Embperl::Object
        Options ExecCGI
</Files>

AddType text/html .epl
<Directory /www/cgi-bin/webcal>
AllowOverride AuthConfig
Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

PerlModule Apache::AuthDBI
PerlAuthzHandler  Apache::AuthDBI::authz
PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_data_source dbi:Pg:dbname=webautomation
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username webuser
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password password
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table users
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uid_field username
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field password
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_grp_table groups
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_grp_field groupname
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted off

I'm obviously missing something but I don't know what.  I tried appending the
statements above from PerlAuthzHandler down to my .htaccess file and removing
them from here.  I get the same error message.

Thanks!
Scott