httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alan Murrell <sil...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] TransferLog vs CustomLog question
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:03:22 GMT
Hello,

Most of our customers are setup with the "TransferLog"
variable in their <VirtualHost> setup, which gives
relatively basic information.  One of our Customers
wanted more detail in their stats, so I changed the
"TransferLog logs/customerdomain.com" to "CustomLog
logs/customerdomain.com combined" in their
<VirtualHost> setup.  Since that change, it now
appears as though the number of visits to their site
has gone from about 500 per day to 5 or 6.  We use the
WebTrends reporting software.

Is this something to do with the way CustomLog and
TransferLog indicate visits, or would there be
something else in play here?

TIA for your advice.

Alan Murrell