httpd-users mailing list archives

From Odhiambo Washington <w...@wananchi.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Two apache web servers on one physical machine.
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:33:14 GMT
* kulkarni veena <veenacsus@yahoo.com> [20030218 11:10]: wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if two apache web servers can be active on one physical machine?
> the difference between these two servers is that one has SSL enabled with an CA
> certificate authorized by CA authority and the other also is ssl enabled but has
> a self-signed certificate.

The simple answer depends on how you want the two to be accessed. You can run them
on different ports. One on 443, the other one on 80443 (or any other unused port).

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington   <wash@wananchi.com>  "The box said 'Requires
Wananchi Online Ltd.  www.wananchi.com      Windows 95, NT, or better,'

"I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it."