httpd-users mailing list archives

From CJ <unix1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] question about turning off indexing
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:48:48 GMT
Yes I agree Joshua I too am getting fustrated. There
is a lot of knowledgeable people out there and I have
been trying everything and anything they have asked me
to.

I will reformulate my answer to address just you and
then send it.

Thank you

--- Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, CJ wrote:
>
> > OK here you go...
>
> This is getting a little frustrating.
>
> 1. You have "Options Indexes" all over the place
> there, even though you
> said before that you had gone through and removed
> them all.
>
> 2. You have not said at all what you just gave us.
>
> 3. You have not given the complete httpd.conf, nor
> have you answered all
> the other questions I have twice asked.
>
> I'm close to the point of giving up here --- not
> because the problem is
> unsolvable, but because it can't be solved with
> incomplete information.
>
> (Perhaps part of the problem is that you are
> responding to too many
> different people at the same time, and not giving
> complete answers to any
> of their questions.  If you want my help, please
> respond to my questions
> completely.  If you want someone elses help, please
> respond to their
> questions.  But don't just post random answers to
> unknown questions and
> say "here you go" as if we should know what that
> means.)
>
> (Sorry for the tone, but this thread is about a
> simple problem, likely
> caused by a simple configuration error, and it has
> gone on way too long.)
>
> Joshua.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@httpd.apache.org

=====
There are two major products to come out of Berkeley: LSD and
UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
Blessed are the pessimists, for they make backups!
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
10101010011100101001001000011010000001000100101010101010
0011001010100010110010101000010001010000