httpd-users mailing list archives

From CJ <unix1...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] question about turning off indexing
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:53:23 GMT
Yes it is true. I have them on their own file system
/cgi-bin is on a File system and /public is its own.

Even so that should not matter.

I made a dir called /public/cgi-bin and made an entry
in my httpd.conf file to reflect this.
I then stopped and started the server and I get the
same result.

I even tried to link the /public/cgi-bin to the
/cgi-bin and same result. It follow the link fine.

SO I have tried several places and options.

What else do you recommend I try?

--- Joshua Slive <joshua@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, CJ wrote:
> > And to asnwer the other person yes the directories
> do
> > exist as I created them on the server myself.
>
> Did you read my ENTIRE message?  Are you saying that
> you have "public" and
> "cgi-bin" directories at the root of the filesystem
> (as in, along side
> /usr /etc /home /dev) and if you type "cd /public"
> you get to that
> directory?  That would be a VERY unusual place to
> put web directories.
>
> If you can confirm that is true, we can talk about
> other debugging
> techniques, but I sincerely doubt it.
>
> Joshua.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@httpd.apache.org

=====
There are two major products to come out of Berkeley: LSD and
UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
Blessed are the pessimists, for they make backups!
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
10101010011100101001001000011010000001000100101010101010
0011001010100010110010101000010001010000