httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From omat...@canada.com
Subject RE: [users@httpd] no services installed
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 08:35:56 GMT
Thanks for your Help I have reinstalled and started
Apache. May port 80 was being used by Kazaa so Apache
could not bind.
Now that my server is running what can i do with it.
O mateta.

 
"Jeff Cohen" wrote:

> 
> If you are using the win2k pro as you mentioned but I
> didn't notice it
> before, then you don't need and better not update the
> "libapr.dll" in that
> folder.. if you would have read the versions types and
> info ,you would have
> see that these updates are meant ONLY to win9x
machines
> that Apache does NOT
> run as a system service.
> In your scenario, you just didn't type the right
> command at the first place
> and updated it when there was no point of updating..
> 
> C:\apache\bin\> apache -k install
> 
> That should be the right command, if that doesn't
work,
> than man, something
> if facked:) in your machine..
> Which SP do you have installed?? Try updating to SP3
or
> SP2, I was running
> them with no problems.
> 
> All the best,
> Jeff Cohen
> 
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Amol Jakatdar [mailto:ajakatda@odu.edu]
> > Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 12:11 AM
> > To: users@httpd.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: [users@httpd] no services installed
> > 
> > apache"space"-k"space"install
> > 
> > ofcource without the *"space"* :-)
> > 
> > omateta@canada.com wrote:
> > 
> > >I missed the e-mail you send to the other Guy I am
> new
> > >on the group.
> > >I have gone to my :"Apache2\bin\ " and i only have
> > >"Apache.exe" , "ApacheMonitor.exe" and others which
> do
> > >not start with Apache, so i cannot run apache-k
> > >install. I also replaced "libapr.dll" with the
patch.
> > >
> > >"Jeff Cohen" wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >>Than do what I answered to the other guy:
> > >>"Go to your services menu and check if you have a
> > >>service named "Apache2" if
> > >>you don't have that service, open a command
> (console)
> > >>window and go to your
> > >>apache's BIN directory, there you should enter:
> apache
> > >>-k install And the
> > >>service will be installed, if you can't install
it,
> > >>just follow the error
> > >>massage that you get."
> > >>
> > >>All the best,
> > >>Jeff Cohen
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>-----Original Message-----
> > >>>From: omateta@canada.com
> [mailto:omateta@canada.com]
> > >>>Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 1:34 AM
> > >>>To: users@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>Subject: [users@httpd] no services installed
> > >>>
> > >>>It is Apache2 sorry for my typo-error
> > >>>
> > >>>O mateta.
> > >>>
> > >>>"Jeff Cohen" wrote:
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>>It should be "Apache2" not "Apache 2"
> > >>>>
> > >>>>All the best,
> > >>>>Jeff Cohen
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>-----Original Message-----
> > >>>>>From: omateta@canada.com
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>[mailto:omateta@canada.com]
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>>>Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 7:42 PM
> > >>>>>To: users@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>>>Subject: [users@httpd] no services installed
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>I have installed Apache on win 2000pro. and i
am
> > >>>>>getting the following message;
> > >>>>>system cannot find the file specified:no
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >installed
> > >
> > >
> > >>>>>services named "Apache 2"
> > >>>>>O. Mateta
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> >
>
>__________________________________________________________
> > >
> > >
> > >>>>>Get your FREE personalized e-mail at
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>><a
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>href="<a
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/http://www.canada.com">http://www.canad">http://mail.canada.com/jump/http://www.canada.com">http://www.canad</a>
> >
> a"><a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/http://www.canada.com">http://www.canada</a">http://mail.canada.com/jump/http://www.canada.com">http://www.canada</a</a>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >>>.com</a>
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> >
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > >
> > >>>>>The official User-To-User support forum of the
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>Apache
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>>HTTP Server Project.
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>See <<a
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>href="<a
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h</a>
> >
> t"><a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.ht</a">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.ht</a</a>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >>>ml>"><a
> > >>>
> > >>>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h</a>
> >
> tml></a>"><a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a></a>">URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a></a></a>;;;
> > >
> > >
> > >>for
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>>more info.
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>   "   from the digest:
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>>
> > >>>>users-help@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> >
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > >
> > >>>>The official User-To-User support forum of the
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>Apache
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>>HTTP Server Project.
> > >>>>See <<a
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>href="<a
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h</a>
> >
> t"><a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.ht</a">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.ht</a</a>
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >>>ml>"><a
> > >>>
> > >>>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h</a>
> >
> tml></a>"><a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a></a>">URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a></a></a>;;;
> > >
> > >
> > >>for
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>>more info.
> > >>>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > >>>>users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>>   "   from the digest:
> > >>>>users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>>For additional commands, e-mail:
> > >>>>users-help@httpd.apache.org
> > >>>>
> > >>>>
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>
> >
>
>__________________________________________________________
> > >
> > >
> > >>>Get your FREE personalized e-mail at
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >><a
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/http://www.canada.com">http://www.canad">http://mail.canada.com/jump/http://www.canada.com">http://www.canad</a>
> > a.com</a>
> > >
> > >
> > >>>
> > >>>
> >
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > >
> > >>>The official User-To-User support forum of the
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >Apache
> > >
> > >
> > >>HTTP Server Project.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>See <<a
> > >>>
> > >>>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h</a>
> >
> tml>"><a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a>">URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a></a>;;
> for
> > >
> > >
> > >>more info.
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>   "   from the digest:
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>>For additional commands, e-mail:
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>users-help@httpd.apache.org
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> >
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > >
> > >>The official User-To-User support forum of the
> Apache
> > >>HTTP Server Project.
> > >>See <<a
> > >>
> > >>
> >
> >href="<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h">http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.h</a>
> >
> tml>"><a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a>">URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a></a>;;
> for
> > >
> > >
> > >>more info.
> > >>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> > >>users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>   "   from the digest:
> > >>users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >>For additional commands, e-mail:
> > >>users-help@httpd.apache.org
> > >>
> > >>
> > >
> >
>
>__________________________________________________________
> > >Get your FREE personalized e-mail at
> <a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/http://www.canada.com">http://www.canada.com</a>
> > >
> >
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >The official User-To-User support forum of the
> Apache HTTP Server
> > Project.
> > >See <<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html>">URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a>;
for
> more info.
> > >To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >   "   from the digest:
> users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > >For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@httpd.apache.org
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > 
> > 
> >
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > The official User-To-User support forum of the
Apache
> HTTP Server Project.
> > See <<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html>">URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a>;
for
> more info.
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> >    "   from the digest:
> users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@httpd.apache.org
> 
> 
>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache
> HTTP Server Project.
> See <<a
href="http://mail.canada.com/jump/URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html>">URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html></a>;
for
> more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>    "   from the digest:
> users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@httpd.apache.org

__________________________________________________________
Get your FREE personalized e-mail at http://www.canada.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message