httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sarat Devineni <sarat_devin...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] To everyone regarding Red Hat 8.0
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:37:11 GMT
Hi,

Is any body having problems with Apache on Red Hat 8.0
? I have an Management application which manages
service levels accross an enterprise and it uses
Apache web server.When you install this application on
Redhat 8.0, it also installs Apache web server version
1.3.12 along with it and uses a different port other
than port 80.Once the install is finished, at the end
of the install, usually it starts the web server and
then the concerned services of the application.But, it
wasn't able to start the web server(no error messages
issued out) and hence the services of the
application(as they won't start until the web server
is started).Funny thing is if I start the web server
manually(./apachectl start), it says "httpd start:
OK",but if I check the processes, I don't find any of
them running and also no pid file in apache log
directory.

Any suggestions!!!

Thanks,

Sarat