httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Quigley" <mquig...@charteroak.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] RST Close Connections on Apache 1.3.26 Win 2000 Advanced Server
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 15:23:18 GMT
I am running Apache 1.3.26 on Win 2k Advanced Server.  We are seeing a
high number of RST packets being sent from our server to the clients
periodically (Students & Faculty  logging on to WebCT Course Management
application).  We see the RST's when we sniff, the faculty and student's
see Page Not Found errors in the browser.  This seems to occur more
during higher load times.

The server processors (quad) are running about 30% and memory
utilization is at about 10% (400 MB of 4 GB).  We've tweaked the Timeout
variable to 120, and turned keep alive off for one client connection
that is a server sending data via HTTP Post.  If you need more
information, please let me know.  I am new to Apache administration.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark E. Quigley
Network Administrator