httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] help me save apache ...
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 19:09:22 GMT
Faisal:

> apache was the choice made by me .. but we created
> this new page that requires some input from users on
> the web page i have been forced to think of replacing
> apache with IIS simply because IIS support asp & guys
> here know asp to be connected with access database ..
> what should i do ? is all hope lost ? i mean it is
> just a page man y should it replace a robust thing
> like apache ? i hate IIS .. i have suffred from it a
> lot in the past ..
> can you guys give me any idea ? can this  solution be
> replaced by any other technology that apache supports
> ?
> is it easy enough ? so that a network admin like me
> can built a small form page & connect it with Ms
> access database ?

I'd suggest looking at PHP.  It's fairly easy to use and has a pretty small
learning curve.  I'm not sure about it's capabilities to connect to an
MS-Access database.  Someone else here may know more about that.

Other options, though more difficult to jump into, would be Perl via CGI or
Java.  Both of those can do anything ASP can do and more.  However, both of
them have a pretty steep learning curve if you've never done anything like
this before.

> help me save apache ...

Fight the good fight. :)

 ~ Robert