httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] virtual hosting
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:42:28 GMT
George:

> yes i already checked that approach...it won't be visible by many
> browsers....only the latest browsers support that
> approach....what company
> wants to pay for an invisible internet site.

I really hate to contribute to such an off-topic thread, but...

Name-based virtual hosting is very common.  It is supported by any browser
that complies with the HTTP/1.1 spec which has been the standard for years.
This includes *every* modern browser.

Apache does the *same* *damn* *thing*.

I can tell you're trolling here.  Sorry to the group for biting on this one.

 ~ Robert