httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ProxyPass Infinite Loop
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:50:05 GMT
Jay:

> You're last connection setup of:
>
> end user <-http-> proxy server <-http-> app server
>
> ...switching to...
>
>  end user <-https-> proxy server <-http-> app server
>
> is what I'm looking to do.  With that in mind, how do I redirect on the
proxy servers :80 virtual host to the :443 virtual host?

> would that just be:
> Redirect / https://proxy.server.com/  ?

Exactly.  Basically, you want your end users to re-request the URL with the
https at the beginning.  Since it needs to start from a fresh connection,
you have to use a redirect.  So, what you do is add the Redirect in the :80
virtual host.  Redirect it from the root to the root, except with the
https...

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
  ServerName www.foobar.com
  Redirect / https:www.foobar.com/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
  ServerName www.foobar.com
  ProxyPass / http://www.appserver.com/
  ProxyPassReverse / http://www.appserver.com/
</VirtualHost>

Don't cut and paste any of that cause I'm doing it from my rather limited
wetware memory.

Let me know if this works for you.

 ~ Robert