httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Robert D." <RDNel...@Mail.Donaldson.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache2 not starting/working
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:19:38 GMT
Mike:

> Apache seems to start fine with the tradtional BSD command:
> apachectl start.  There are no errors in http-error.log.  Just this:
> Apache/2.0.43 (Unix) configured -- resuming normal operations

Sounds like it's happy starting.

> Absolutly nothing appears in the httpd-access.log file when I
> try to access the index.html.

That indicates that the server did not get the request.

> When I try to do http://localhost I get nothing.  Just this:
> unable to connect to remote host.

Have you tried going to it via 127.0.0.1 or through the IP of the machine?

> I haven't changed anything in the httpd.conf file other then
> the servername and the serveradmin. Its basically a default
> install. I've tried different ports and different server
> names including localhost, but none seem to work.

If, as you seem to have done here, have "Listen 80" without any other Listen
directives than it should bind to all the IPs on port 80.

It seems to me that Apache seems to be quite happy.  Try making a request
using the IP of the machine and let us know how that works.

 ~ Robert