httpd-users mailing list archives

From Renato Salles <maill...@brturbo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Virtual Hosts
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 21:54:01 GMT
Anthony,

This is not addressed to your actual configuration but intended to solve
few mistakes I'm doing in a server here, after a upgrade to v 2.0:

Replacing the directive ServerAlias by ServerName with a aliased
interface like eth0:1 and having in DNS a "A" rr pointed as:
www.VirtualDoamin.com	IN	A	192.168.0.2
mapped as "internal domain" ( notify no; ) could it be consistently be
"resolved" by Apache as a VirtualDomain?
In this case the internal LAN is completely hidden by the firewall
(iptables), and the other VirtualHosts made the same way (many of them).
What kind of errors could arise?
Is this correct?

Thanx,
RSalles

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 17:56, Anthony Abby wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Anthony Abby wrote:
> > > But the documentation says it should say <VirtualHost *>.  The first
> > > problem is that if I add the '*' there, then apachectl restart, I can
> > > not browse either website hosted on my server.  I get a Forbidden, You
> > > don't have permission to access / on this server error.  If I remove the
> > > '*' I can browse both sites, but that leads to my second problem.
> >
> > Follow the documentation and put the "*" back.  Also follow the
> > documentation and:
> >
> > 1. Add a "NameVirtualHost *" line.
> > 2. Add a <VirtualHost *> with a Servername that matches your "default"
> > host and list it first.
> >

> I'm sorry, I probably should have listed the full contents of my
> Vhosts.conf.
>

> NameVirtualHost *
> <VirtualHost *>
>   ServerName www.aplusdata.com
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
>   ServerAlias aplusdata.com *.aplusdata.com
> </VirtualHost>
>
> # comicsnsuch.com
> <VirtualHost >
>   ServerName www.comicsnsuch.com
>   DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/comicsnsuch/
>   ServerAlias comicsnsuch.com *.comicsnsuch.com
> </VirtualHost>

---
====================<<<<<< * >>>>>>>====================
Q:.
I'm having problems with my Windows software. Will you
help me?
A:.
Yes. Go to a DOS prompt and type "format c:". Any problems
you are experiencing will cease within a few minutes.
        "...From ESR in "How To Became a Hacker".
===========  Renato Q. Salles UIN 143517540  ===========
===========  Linux Registered User nÂș 217696 ===========