httpd-users mailing list archives

From Renato Salles <maill...@brturbo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] To everyone regarding Red Hat 8.0
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 23:38:49 GMT
Thats correct, the Apache version packaged in RH 8.0 is 2.x. The app
that install its own apache would be better installed in another
machine, to avoid conflicts between them. Maybe a desktop RH 8.0 system
in a separate machine with no Apache rpm at all. The fact of this second
Apache is listening to another port doesn't have to say that this
application is not driving you crazy with two daemons running, two
httpd.conf in separate directories, two directories for logs, etc, and
maybe it could be a better approach to just add a "Listen new-port"
directive to this separate application and "include new-httpd.conf" to
manage their own resources/needs.
PS: When you do "apachectl start" whats expected to start: 2.x or 1.3.x?
How can you grant it will "discover" that this is addressed to one
daemon and not to another? (or maybe I misunderstood you...).

Sds,

RSalles