httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nelson Goforth <ngofo...@earthnet.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What is wrong with my config?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 23:20:04 GMT
Check your httpd.conf file.    There should be a section like this:

    # DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written
HTML
    # directory index.  Separate multiple entries with spaces.
    #
    <IfModule mod_dir.c>
        DirectoryIndex index.html
    </IfModule>

DirectoryIndex tells Apache what file to look for when no filename is
given, so that http://www.myhost.com becomes
http://www.myhost.com/index.html.

It is possible to set this in each directory using the .htaccess file.

Look in the Apache documentation ( http://httpd.apache.org ) under
"mod_dir" or "DirectoryIndex".

Nelson

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 02:42  PM, Liu, Jack wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I configured my IBM HTTP server (1.3.19) as such, whenever typing
> http://www.myhost.com it is going to display index.html page. Now
> Whenever I type the link, it display the the following (index of
> /...simply display the contents under docroot directory). Don't know
> why?
>
>   I have configured this following to Global (double check httpd.conf
> file)
>
>   DirectoryIndex index.html
>
>   Any thoughts.
>
>   Jliu

> Index of /

<image.tiff> Name                    Last modified       Size
Description
<image.tiff>

<image.tiff> Parent Directory        03-Feb-2003 16:11      -
<image.tiff> errorpage/              03-Feb-2003 16:18      -
<image.tiff> index.html              31-Jul-2002 11:59     1k

<image.tiff>