httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] $$$$$
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:42:18 GMT
>>well Chris I have managed to set up 10 simple domains so far and I just
started. I don't know what the limitations are yet i haven't reached them
but it shouldn't take much to expand the code to allow 1000000000 ips on one
nic. I have
free routable ips from sbc except the one time charge for router entry. i
have put 2 nic cards for both dns servers on this one $12 computer...the
multihomed solution will save everyone a lot of money....i am using my own
dns now with everything working.<<

I'm pretty sure that there is a limit of 256 on the number of aliases  (ips)
one device (NIC) can have with Linux.

So you'll need 3906250 NICs.  Let's go for a nominal cost of $7 since you
are buying in bulk.  Only about $27M in NIC costs.

-Jacob