httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin Chan" <kevinc...@trasy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to set a access_log file for each domain ?
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:16:35 GMT
Dear Boyle and all,

First I would like to say thanks Boyle reply so fast !

The log directory already exist on their directory and I also changed the
owner on log directory is well.  The problem still the same !

BUT I find out that all the Domain are in /home/web/ as below :

NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
<VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
ServerName www.123abc.com
ServerPath /home/web/123abc
DocumentRoot /home/web/123abc
ErrorLog /home/web/123abc/log/error_log
TransferLog /home/web/123abc/log/access_log
</VirtualHost>

>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>ServerName www.xyz123.com
>ServerPath /home/web/xyz123
>DocumentRoot /home/web/xyz123
>ErrorLog /home/web/xyz123/log/error_log
>Setenv VLOG /home/web/xyz123/log/logs
></VirtualHost>
>
>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>ServerName www.efg123.com
>ServerPath /home/web/efg123
>DocumentRoot /home/web/efg123
>ErrorLog /home/web/efg123/log/error_log
>Setenv VLOG /home/web/efg123/log/logs
></VirtualHost>

Does it will cause the problem happen ?

Best regards,
Kevin

> Boyle Owen Wrote:

You don't have a TransferLog directive in the xyz and efg VHs...

Note that the directory must exist for the logfiles - i.e. if you have:

TransferLog /home/123abc/log/access_log

then the directory /home/123abc/log must exist before you start apache.
Apache can create the file "access_log" but it doesn't build the
directory tree for you.

Also, the apache user (defined by "User") must have write permissions in
that directory. Since you seem to be logging to a directory under the
document root, this might be your problem. Who owns the directory
/home/abc123?

By the way, if your logfiles are under the docroot, clients will be able
to see them. Is that OK for you?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
views of the sender’s company.