httpd-users mailing list archives

From <sys...@eluminoustechnologies.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirecting error document...
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 15:21:27 GMT
Hello All,

I have a vague query, Let me know if this is possible.

I want a to specify a missing.html on a domain if someone enters something
which is not present on the server it should call this missing.html.
I have accomplished this by the ErrorDocument 404
http://mydomain.com/missing.html. (in my httpd.conf)
This Works Fine!!.

But I have around 1000+ websites on my server and every request goes to the
same http://mydomain.com/missing.html.

What I want is if some one wants to customize the error document for his own
domain then he should be able to do it.

Else it should use the default http://mydomain.com/missing.html.

Is this possible? if yes How? (pls don't specify mod_rewrite as i don't know
how to write the rules for it->Sorry for this comment).

Regards,
Tina.