httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gerald Shifrin <gerald.shif...@wcom.com>
Subject [users@httpd] HTTP Reply Code 302 Moved Temporarily - how does it know?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 19:30:47 GMT
I'm seeing some 302 errors in the apache log:

  "GET /xxx/welcome.jsp HTTP/1.1" 302 5

The only explanation I could find for 302 said "The requested resource
resides at a different location, but will return to this location in the
future."

I'd appreciate hearing any ideas about what causes this. There a bunch of
"304 Not Modified" entries there, but that seems like a normal response.

It's a concern because I'm seeing some odd behavior -- such as the above
link failing as "welcom.jsp not found" (yes "welcom" not welcome").

Thanks!