httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Embedded Apache + cross compile
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:44:38 GMT
> We are talking about StrongARM v4, 64 Mb RAM and Linux

Ahh, good :)

> total size: 2.7Mb (I need it smaller though)
> memory consumption: about 1 Mb

When you compiled php, did you remove MySQL support (--without-mysql
option)?  It's implicitly compiled in unless you explicitly disable support.
There are several things that are automatically included in php that you can
disable to save space.

> I have managed to perform a native build, but there seems to be
> something wrong with the libphp4.so. When running a simple test page I
> get the following error:
>
> Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_WHITESPACE in
> /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/index.php on line 3

Check lines 2,3,4 for errors.  Not sure where you could have unexpected
whitespace though :-/

> * Can not determine size of size_t, ssize_t (while running make). How do
> I set these values?

It could be caused by size_t not being found, or sizeof(size_t) is unknown
at compile-time (which is strange).  I honestly don't know how to help you
any more though.  Your arm-compiler may be incomplete or borked.

-Jacob