httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Muad`dib" <uzul_2...@gmx.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Newbie: Changing default directory listing look & feel
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 07:06:28 GMT

Hello All,

at first I want to thank this community to provide such a stable and
reliable product. The developers/community really did/do a great job.

I am new to apache and so maybe I ask an already answered question ( even I
browsed throuhg the archive ), please don't mind.

I also installed Tomcat and saw a much more nicer directory listing. So what
I wanna do is to change the default listing look & feel without creating my
own index.php and only changing the current one to someth that fits to my
needs.
Therefor I went to the documentation but could only find the directives
which change the order etc but not the design.

So where I do I find the template used by default ?
Does Anybody know how I could add to the description a predefined text
according to the file ending ( .avi .java etc ) ?

Thnx in advance

Paul