httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jamie.Kerw...@benenden.org.uk
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Authentication against W2K-Server
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:47:11 GMT
First my tech specs: Linux Mandrake 9.0, Apache 1.3.26.

Well basically I have setup a .htaccess file in the DocRoot, as so:

.htaccess
=================
AuthType NTLM
NTLMAuth on
NTLMAuthoritative on
NTLMDomain DOMAINNAME
NTLMServer picard
NTLMServer riker

AuthName ByPassword

<Files "*">
require valid-user
</Files>
=================

And a separate trek.conf file which is included in httpd.conf

trek.conf
======================
## Jamie's test conf file for apache to setup departmental aliases
Alias /it /home/its/www
Alias /admin /home/admin/www
Alias /benefits /home/benefits/www
Alias /ce_corner /home/cecorner/www
Alias /finance /home/finance/www
Alias /hr /home/hr/www
Alias /marketing /home/marketing/www
Alias /members /home/members/www
Alias /newsletter /home/newsletter/www
Alias /socialclub /home/socialclub/www
Alias /test /home/kerwick_j/test/
##<Directory "/home/*/www">
##         Order allow,deny
##         Allow from all
##</Directory>
ErrorDocument 404 /errorpages/error404.php
ErrorDocument 401 /errorpages/error401.php
=======================

While the NTLM authentication works fine for everything in DocRoot and REAL
sub-directories, it doesn't work for any of these aliased VIRTUAL
sub-directories (tho it does work in user directories /~username/)

Where can I put the bit in the .htaccess file so that it will apply to the
entire site (or at least ALL .htm(l), .cgi, .pl and .php files)

Thanks for your help,

Jamie
Jamie.kerwick@benenden.org.uk
ITS