httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Muad`dib" <uzul_2...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] higher download bandwidth
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 03:30:07 GMT
Hi George,

no we have 1.5Mbps up/down ( at least on the contract ;) ) but even if we
have less then 50k on linux and 16k on windows is very slow ...

And I now tested it locally ( 100Mbps, cross over cable ) and I don't get
over 50k ( I assume theoretically I should be able to get somth like
12500k ) so that is quite less ;-)

regards,

"Paul"

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Walsh" <gjmwalsh@netscape.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 9:58 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] higher download bandwidth

> Paul, I am sure you have a much lesser upload rate than download. To give
you an idea, I have 2.5 mbps download and 640 kbs upload. This is an ADSL
line, the 'A' standing for asynchronous. This is the way telcos eek out as
much bandwidth for digital subscribers as they can. There is a move afoot to
offer this service in the 'reverse direction' for those of us who are
hosting our own sites. With this service, I also receive 2 static ip
numbers. These are essential for us because we are developing at dispersed
locations and we need to know who we are talking with at all times.

> As a point of reference, the monthly cost of this package is CAD 80 (USD
50) which I think represents good value while we are in development and
testing modes.

> Hope this helps you get a better handle on your problem. Sorry I have
nothing to offer you on the Windows/NT side of things.