httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Cobban" <jcob...@magma.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat application redeploy behind Apache server
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 18:29:16 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jurgen" <apache@squarehosting.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat application redeploy behind Apache server

> what are you using to connect apache to the tomcat server? You should use
mod_jk. Do you have the mod_jk configuration in your httpd.conf?

Sorry for the delay.  The problem is that the servers are running on a
computer over which I have no personal control.  Since I did not configure
either the Apache or Tomcat servers I have no personal knowledge of their
configuration.

When I look in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml I see the following, which I
understand is for the mod_jk connector.

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

Since I did not install the Apache server I do not know where its
configuration files are.  I do not see anything in
/usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf which looks like it describes the
connector.  There is certainly no occurrence of the strings "mod_jk" or
"8009" which I would have thought would have to be part of that definition.
I therefore presume that is NOT the active configuration.