httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Kevin Chan" <kevinc...@trasy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to set a access_log file for each domain ?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 02:12:44 GMT
Hi Boyle and all,

I changed the Vhosts setting as below and restart apache, but still have
same problem.  Do you have any other solution help me to try again ?

===============================================================

NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX

<VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
ServerName www.123abc.com
ServerPath /home/web/123abc
DocumentRoot /home/web/123abc
ErrorLog /home/web/123abc/log/error_log
TransferLog /home/web/123abc/log/access_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
ServerName www.xyz123.com
ServerPath /home/web/xyz123
DocumentRoot /home/web/xyz123
ErrorLog /home/web/xyz123/log/error_log
TransferLog /home/web/xyz123/log/access_log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
ServerName www.efg123.com
ServerPath /home/web/efg123
DocumentRoot /home/web/efg123
ErrorLog /home/web/efg123/log/error_log
TransferLog /home/web/efg123/log/access_log
</VirtualHost>

===============================================================

Thanks again,
Kevin


> Boyle Owen Wrote:

To have three separate logfiles, you need three separate TransferLog
directives. You have only one.

Make two more, one for each VH.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle




>-----Original Message-----
>From: Kevin Chan [mailto:kevinchan@trasy.com]
>Sent: Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2003 10:17
>To: users@httpd.apache.org
>Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to set a access_log file for
>each domain ?
>
>
>Dear Boyle and all,
>
>First I would like to say thanks Boyle reply so fast !
>
>The log directory already exist on their directory and I also
>changed the
>owner on log directory is well.  The problem still the same !
>
>BUT I find out that all the Domain are in /home/web/ as below :
>
>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>ServerName www.123abc.com
>ServerPath /home/web/123abc
>DocumentRoot /home/web/123abc
>ErrorLog /home/web/123abc/log/error_log
>TransferLog /home/web/123abc/log/access_log
></VirtualHost>
>>
>>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
>><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>>ServerName www.xyz123.com
>>ServerPath /home/web/xyz123
>>DocumentRoot /home/web/xyz123
>>ErrorLog /home/web/xyz123/log/error_log
>>Setenv VLOG /home/web/xyz123/log/logs
>></VirtualHost>
>>
>>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
>><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>>ServerName www.efg123.com
>>ServerPath /home/web/efg123
>>DocumentRoot /home/web/efg123
>>ErrorLog /home/web/efg123/log/error_log
>>Setenv VLOG /home/web/efg123/log/logs
>></VirtualHost>
>
>Does it will cause the problem happen ?
>
>Best regards,
>Kevin
>
>> Boyle Owen Wrote:
>
>You don't have a TransferLog directive in the xyz and efg VHs...
>
>Note that the directory must exist for the logfiles - i.e. if you have:
>
>TransferLog /home/123abc/log/access_log
>
>then the directory /home/123abc/log must exist before you start apache.
>Apache can create the file "access_log" but it doesn't build the
>directory tree for you.
>
>Also, the apache user (defined by "User") must have write
>permissions in
>that directory. Since you seem to be logging to a directory under the
>document root, this might be your problem. Who owns the directory
>/home/abc123?
>
>By the way, if your logfiles are under the docroot, clients
>will be able
>to see them. Is that OK for you?
>
>Rgds,
>Owen Boyle
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Kevin Chan [mailto:kevinchan@trasy.com]
>>Sent: Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2003 08:48
>>To: users@httpd.apache.org
>>Subject: Re: [users@httpd] How to set a access_log file for
>>each domain ?
>>
>>
>>Dear Dietmar, Boyle and all:
>>
>>I add the ErrorLog and TransferLog as below:
>>
>>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
>><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>>ServerName www.123abc.com
>>ServerPath /home/123abc
>>DocumentRoot /home/123abc
>>ErrorLog /home/123abc/log/error_log
>>TransferLog /home/123abc/log/access_log
>></VirtualHost>
>>
>>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
>><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>>ServerName www.xyz123.com
>>ServerPath /home/xyz123
>>DocumentRoot /home/xyz123
>>ErrorLog /home/xyz123/log/error_log
>>Setenv VLOG /home/xyz123/log/logs
>></VirtualHost>
>>
>>NameVirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX
>><VirtualHost 210.169.36.XXX>
>>ServerName www.efg123.com
>>ServerPath /home/efg123
>>DocumentRoot /home/efg123
>>ErrorLog /home/efg123/log/error_log
>>Setenv VLOG /home/efg123/log/logs
>></VirtualHost>
>>
>>
>>Now, the access_log & error_log 's PATH are changed.  But I
>>focus on another
>>problem -  all 3 domain's access_log & error_log only will
>>create in same
>>log directory (e.g. /home/xyz123/log/).
>>
>>Please help if you know how to solve this problem - How to set
>>3 domains
>>generate their own log files to their own directory ?
>>
>>Thanks and regards,
>>Kevin
>>
>>> Boyle Owen Wrote:
>>>
>>>I have running 3 domain in same apache server.  They are now
>>>using same log file " /var/log/httpd/ ",  how can I change
>>them to generate
>>>their own log files (e.g. access_log) ?
>>
>>Read the docs for TransferLog.. As it says on the "context" line, this
>>directive can be used inside a VH.
>>
>>Rgds,
>>Owen Boyle
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP
>>Server Project.
>>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
>
>This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
>confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
>confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
>If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
>and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
>system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
>You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
>or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
>The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
>communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
>message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
>states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
>views of the sender’s company.
>
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP
>Server Project.
>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP
>Server Project.
>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently
and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your
system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
The sender’s company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail
communications through their networks. Any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender, except where the message
states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of the sender’s company.



---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message